This position oversees the personnel and daily functions of the Technical Design Department and the Sample Sewing Room. The positions that report to the Technical Design Manager are patternmakers, fit models and sample makers. Tech Design is a shared department among all divisions of the company, so it is required that the Tech Design Manager be aware of the individual needs of the Design and Product Development teams. You must be able to anticipate, plan and follow through on all department projects.You should be able to assist with and perform all department tasks necessary to keep the department running on schedule especially during key crunch times.
Essential Functions of this Role:
1. Receive projects into Tech Design from Design and Product Development. Maintain a process and strategy with the Tech team that achieves the expectations of Design and Development with the end results.
2. Maintain scheduling and priorities so that all due dates are met.
3. Balance workloads by cross-training for all divisions and between patterns and sewing. Have alternate methods to process all Tech needs in within the time frame given.
4. Attend fittings and give comments on fit issues and suggest resolutions.
5. Assist patternmakers with challenging projects.
6. Assist sewers when workloads are heavy or projects are challenging
7. Maintain a fit model team of Men, Boys, Kids, and Junior girls,that are on spec and appropriately proportioned. Make sure fit models have availability to meet the fit schedule needs.
8. Maintain Department objectives for Blocks, standard specs, consistency of fit and quality construction.
9. Maintain Management responsibilities. (Team building and morale, cross-training, scheduling and delegating, interview, hire and train new staff, conflict resolutions, software and equipment maintenance.)
10. Support our Athlete Marketing team with custom requests for our Athlete’s events and clothing needs.
11. Foster innovation. Recommend new methods of assembling a garment and combining materials and manufacturing technology to reach the highest levels of performance, style and quality.
12. Be able to give recommendations on matters of consequence to the business and our end customers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply:
• High level of patternmaking skills, both manual and computerized
• Grading Knowledge for graded spec writing as well as pattern grading both manually and computerized.
• Critical eye for perfect fit for both performance product and equally so for fashion trends.
• Sample Sewing and manufacturing experience.
• Quality construction knowledge appropriate for premium products and feasible for production .
• Experience with Gerber Silhouette 2000 PDS is preferred.
• Experience with a PLM system is a plus.
- Candidates Use Only!
- It's not cool for recruiters or others to solicit this company