Westlife is proudly home to the 686® technical apparel company and Matix® clothing. We have one position for a Web and Interactive Designer available. This position will be responsible for designing and driving the 686 and Matix online content.
Web and Interactive Designer
Independently rider owned and operated, Westlife Distribution LLC is dedicated to manufacturing world class products in outerwear, apparel, footwear and accessories. Westlife is proudly home to the 686® technical apparel company, Matix® clothing and exclusive partner of New Balance® and Dickies® licensed products. Located in Gardena CA, our business continues to enjoy growth and requires people who want to contribute to its success. Westlife is a close knit, family driven, and fast paced work environment with passionate people that enjoy active lifestyles. If you like to work in an environment where no one day is ever the same, this is the place for you.
We have one full-time, exempt position available for a Web and Interactive Designer. The position will report into the Director of Marketing and will be responsible for designing and driving the 686 and Matix online content.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to independently design and manage full sites, micro-sites, online lookbooks, banners, email blasts, social media posts, etc under the direction of the creative and art directors, as well as the skills to drive each site – making sure all sites are launched and updated on time and within guidelines set by either brand on a variety of platforms and formats using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
The primary responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Seasonal design updates to 686 and Matix websites and associated online campaigns
- Seasonal updates to the product in correspondence with company time lines.
- Update and manage databases consisting of direct consumers, industry and PR needs.
- Create online assets, working within branding guidelines set by creative or art director.
- Handle weekly consumer blasts and PR/Industry blasts as directed.
- Constantly creating new innovative solutions to design and user experience.
- Manage build of additional URL’s as.
- Implementing SEO and SEM to increase site traffic.
Are you stoked yet?
We think the skills and experience below are important in order to be successful in our company and in this position.
- 2+ years experience in web design
- High School Diploma/GED Required, Bachelors Degree/Technical Certification in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or other related field strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of current online design, programming and marketing trends and strategies.
- Experience in Ajax, Ruby and Google Analytics a plus
- Experience creating and working with site maps, storyboards, user experience, wireframes, and other information design documents for web
- Photography skills (shooting, layouts, creative, lighting, editing) necessary. Videography experience is a bonus.
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively lead work on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines while being detail oriented.
- Posses strong written skills to be able to describe merchandising in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be a team player, willing to help out during tradeshows and other activities.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) necessary
- Knowledge or interest in snowboarding/skateboarding preferred
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and samples to Jeanine Wilson, Human Resources, at email@example.com no later than Friday, May 31, 2013. Submissions without samples, will not be considered. Upon selection for an interview a full job description will be provided for review.Apply
- Candidates Use Only!
- It's not cool for recruiters or others to solicit this company