Effectively supervises multiple store locations and maintains retail operations standards, while modeling customer service excellence as a representative of Volcom Retail.
Performs recruiting, hiring, training, customer service and sales development. Models excellent customer service techniques. Inspires confidence, seeks information and strives for continuous improvement and growth. Influences and motives team members by demonstrating effective and creative selling techniques. Delegates work appropriately. Effectively handles employee issues and conflict, optimizes team resources, performance and time.
This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA but will require travel (25%) to all store locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all areas of store operations including payroll and controlling expenses.
- Responsible for maintaining a travel and expense budget in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supervising multiple stores (10 stores from Hawaii to New York), within numerous states, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be willing and able to travel, rent transportation and fly in accordance with company, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for heading up new store openings at handoff (approximately ten days prior to opening).
- Responsible for declaring all business expenses monthly and upon request in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and train in strategies to effectively drive sales and overall store and company performance goals.
- Execute and maintain strong communication skills and standards within the corporate and store levels.
- Must possess the ability to create an environment that effectively anticipates vs. reacts to challenges, training and operations.
- Must be well rounded, a self-starter, lead by example and work with a sense of urgency when managing operations, personnel and inventory.
- Effectively delegate expectations and inspire training and continual review.
- Must be willing to frequently travel to stores based upon need and company expectations.
- Effectively conduct continual reports review.
- Must be willing to direct, participate and train in all areas of product handling and merchandising in accordance with Volcom Retail directives.
- Effectively manage and maintain Volcom Retail policies and procedures regarding Loss Prevention.
- Must be willing to hold accountability to team members, verbally and thorough disciplinary action if needed.
- Create an environment that values strong customer service standards and address concerns or challenges as they may arise.
- Create an environment that values and represents the Volcom brand in a positive and inspiring manner.
- Responsible for Store Manager hiring and supervision of all in-store hiring conducted by the Store Manager.
- Strive to create an environment that embraces and values team building and training in accordance with Volcom Retail policies and procedures.
- Participate in marketing development regarding incentive programs at the store and corporate levels.
- Conduct personnel reviews and communicate with Human Resources in a timely and effective manner.
Previous clothing retail store management experience of 3 or more years with proven results. Multi-store management experience preferred, but not required. Bachelor Degree preferred but not required. Must possess a strong ability to hire, develop, communicate, train and motivate.
Customer Service – Emulates a “service with a smile” attitude; builds positive relationships with customers while promoting the brand.
Merchandising – Ensure product is effectively displayed in accordance with Volcom Retail Visuals. Update floor plans continually. Anticipate seasonal product changes, product sell thru and product availability. Review individual store sales reports and inventory levels constantly. Communicate frequently with the Store Managers, Corporate and the Buy office to best meet each stores specific product needs.
Leadership – Lead by example at all times. Ensure that all team members adhere to company policies and procedures; work safely, organized and create an environment that inspires, is comfortable, motivates, embraces training and is positive. Influence team members to be customer oriented, effective, productive and knowledgeable.
Volcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:Apply!
- Candidates Use Only!
- It's not cool for recruiters or others to solicit this company