Responsible for managing the development process for assigned apparel, accessory and/or equipment products by collaborating closely with all cross-functional partners and contract manufacturers to ensure that design integrity, quality, and target price are met/maintained and that products are developed within established timelines. Influential in selection of development method and factory/LO and must remain true to the creative directions of Design/Merchandising while considering manufacturability of the product.
- Collaborate with Designer and Technical Specialist to procure critical design information related to the technical development requirements of a style or product including; material, trim color direction and style intent and tech pack creation
- Shepherd prototype creation from initial specification creation through first and second prototype, all fitting iterations and grading processes
- Some involvement in initial costing estimation of the product and influencing design as it relates to costing.
- Communicate via email and PDM system all style development information to the appropriate liaison office keeping them abreast of progress and changes.
- For the assigned category; ensure that Bills of Materials, specifications, measurements and construction comments are input into database, maintained and accurate. Manage prototype samples.
- Create strong cross-functional team interaction with all Product Creation team members as well as manufacturers to ensure a coordinated and efficient process.
- Assist Product Development Manager on projects/garments as needed.
- Maintain reports, records, files, samples pertaining to the process or styles.
- Mentoring, supervising and/or training of entry level developers.
- Stay up to date on current trends and understand the market and how it pertains to Columbia Sportswear; keep abreast of product sales information.
- Extensive knowledge of fabrics and trims associated with the development process.
- Ensure quality is maintained to established Columbia Sportswear standards. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Act as an information resource for other developers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in related field and five to eight years experience in Product
- Development, Merchandising, Design or Pattern Making.
- 5-8 years experience without degree. Work experience directly related to the apparel product development is desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of garment construction methods and manufacturing sewing operations; including pattern making, grading and the marker making process.
- Possess strong knowledge of materials and functional aspects of garments.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure, meet strict timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to deal with various levels of management and employees within the organization as well as vendors and worldwide personnel.
- Ability to motivate individuals involved in the production process.
- Ability to negotiate production deadlines with individuals/departments involved.
- Physical ability to travel worldwide on commercial transportation; visual acuity for analyzing samples and color; sitting, standing, bending, lifting up to 20 pounds and finger dexterity.
Working at Columbia Sportswear is more than a paycheck. It’s a way of life.
How to Apply:Apply!
- Candidates Use Only!
- It's not cool for recruiters or others to solicit this company