Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike’s digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
Our mobile e-Commerce team is seeking a Lead Android Engineer to join us in developing premium native experiences for our consumers. In this role, you will lead by example to deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient applications. As a technical leader, you’ll also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology roadmap forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with Android development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment.
• Minimum of 8 years software engineering experience
• At least 3 years as a senior or lead engineer, including technical mentoring of other team members
• Fluent in Java and related frameworks
• Experience developing, delivering, and supporting multiple native Android applications through the Google Play store
• Expert-level knowledge of Android SDK API levels, capabilities, OS versions, and popular devices
• Experience designing mobile applications to consume server-based REST APIs
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and Android design patterns
• Deep understanding of multi-threading, memory management, networking, caching, performance optimization, localization, and security for mobile applications
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated integration tests
• Working knowledge of Scrum and other agile practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• iOS or front end web development experience is a plus
• e-Commerce experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Ability to pass a seven year background investigation
How to Apply:Apply!
- Candidates Use Only!
- It's not cool for recruiters or others to solicit this company